“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don’t need. We’re the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War’s a spiritual war… our Great Depression is our lives. We’ve all been raised on television to believe that one day we’d all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won’t. And we’re slowly learning that fact. And we’re very, very pissed off.” –Fight Club, Tyler Durden
“So much has been said about the girls over the years. But we have never found an answer. It didn’t matter in the end how old they had been, or that they were girls… but only that we had loved them… and that they hadn’t heard us calling… still do not hear us calling them from out of those rooms… where they went to be alone for all time… and where we will never find the pieces to put them back together.” –Narrator, The Virgin Suicides
1. Have you ever left a relationship but knew that eventually you’d get back together? Yes. The lessons I have learned.
2. Are there things that you hate to buy? Items that you either hate to spend perfectly good money on or hate to spend the time it takes to buy them? Gas. I hate to buy it. I know I need it to go to work or any where else but the money.
3. What is your favorite cartoon show and why? Family Guy, hands down. 🙂 I just love the stupidness of it all. Good to veg out sometimes and not have to think.
4. Are you anywhere close to doing what you wanted to do as a kid? Kind of. I am in college to get a degree in Web design.
5. Now that you’re in the “real world,” is your current job now really what you want to do for a living? If not, what would you ultimately like to do? My current job is Order Capture for ShopNBC. It pays nice but it isn’t want I want to be doing for the rest of my life.
6. A local university has asked you to teach a class about the one thing you know the most about. What would you be teaching and what would the name of the course be? Web Design. Course name: Web design for Dummies. 🙂
7. Commercials … they can make us laugh or can annoy the heck out of us. Tell us about your favorite commercial and/or a commercial you simply loathe. I can take them or leave them. I don’t really have a favorite or anything that I truly hate.
8. Tell us about your favorite comedy movie of all time. Umm, I really don’t have one. :/ I fail as person. lol.
9. Tell us about your favorite black and white movie of all time. Gone with the Wind. It wasn’t true B&W but very close.
We have nice things because we work hard and save money. And when get finally get enough money we buy what we want. I price check for weeks and I look every way in the world to save money. In doing so, we get good deals and there for have nice things. Why should we be sorry for this?
This blog entry comes about because of Kyle’s sister. I love her, really I do. I don’t say anything about it much but it does bother me. Every dime she gets she spends. And normally doesn’t have anything to show for it. Kyle and I got school money. We got enough back from grants that we was able to buy him a new Jeep (year 2000) but new to us. 😀 A new TV for our living room and a bed frame. We shopped wisely and doing so saved a lot of money. We all three got school money at the same time. She already has asked to borrow money. She works and her boyfriend works. Both make pretty good money, more then Kyle does. And we keep our bills paid but she is already asking to borrow money because she loaned hers out and spend it. WTF? I don’t think so.
Because you are money stupid doesn’t mean we are stupid too. Family or not, I don’t think so. :blah:
On the plus side, we got a new 4×4 Jeep this week, last week a new 55″ flat screen TV (thanks hhgreg sales) and a new bed frame. Over all been a good two weeks.